CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 31, 2008

PHILLIES

So as some of you may or may not know, the Phillies are the World Series Champions and let me tell you that apparently...that is a HUGE deal around here. I had cheerleading practice the night of the last game for the series title, and all of the girls were going around with perminate marker putting a P and a heart on their hand to rep throughout practice that their hearts were with the Philles. Practice ends and the entire time (except me) run into the weight room to see what the score was, and all I hear are loud cheers and a statement saying "THE PHILLIES WON". At that moment about 5 text messages came in stating the same thing as though I didn't already know. I proceded to walk outside of the gym and all I could hear were loud yells and and chanting coming from the dorms. As the night progress my campus became more and more alive, with riots and cheers and STREAKING! and vomiting (apparently some people were drinking) and just the spirit of the Phillies was alive on campus. It was the funniest, most exciting moment that I've seen on my campus thus far. Today there is a parade in Philly and apparently they are expecting 2 million people to show up at this event. I unfortunatly am not there and actually stayed for classes today, but talk about ridiculous!.




is this what heaven will be like?

One love,
a.

2 comments:

Deidra said...

Heaven won't be ridiculous. And there probably won't be any vomiting. Streaking, maybe. In a holy sort of way.

Oh how I miss the professional sports of Philadelphia, and their oh-so-loyal fans!

Evan Flora said...

i must say that parade was absolutely ridiculous and i wont doubt the two million people. i would guess even more. i will def be blogging about it shortly! stay tuned riggs