CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

cheerleading : )

So today was the first offical day of practice and I must say, everything that I ever did in high school did not prepare me for what is happening on this college squad. We stunted today, and I must say it is the one thing i missed during cheering in high school, because I think it is the most complicated. And now that I honestly think about it, there is no way that we would have stunted at my high school. We were not dedicated enough, nor did we take it seriously enough to actually do what it takes to make and actually stunt work.
I think this is that same with being a Christian. You need to be willing to put in the work, of digging into the word of God, pressing forward in your walk with Jesus in order for things to work out with you relationship with God. It's one thing to stand around in a cheerleading uniform and look pretty, or to just claim the fact that you are a Christian, but its another thing to be in the gym 3 times a week and lifting to get better, or reading your bible staying accountable for your actions and talking to God on a regular basis.
Just a thing to think about.
I HAVE SOMETHING ELSE TO TALK ABOUT !! I just remembered :)
So being in college we have amazing speakers come to our school so that we get to hear talk about their walks with Jesus. A book that we must read as freshman is Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller. And he is coming to talk tomorrow and I get to hear him, I am soooo excited.

I'll definatly let ya'll know how things go.

One love,
a.

2 comments:

Deidra said...

I am so jealous that you get to hear Donald Miller speak! He offered the closing prayer one night at the Democratic National Convention. Most stations didn't cover that part, but I happened to catch it on C-SPAN. I was so excited to see that he is that well known. And then I heard that, initially, someone else was supposed to offer the prayer that night and, at the last minute they declined. I think that was the best substitution I've seen in a long time.
Please be sure to Donald "hello" for me!

Unknown said...

Man, this is an impressive post on so many different levels. I like the cheerleading comparison, wow that is so true.
Then there is the fact that you are going to hear D Miller very cool.

Go 4 what you know!