CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Halloween.

So the weekend is sloowly coming to an end, and it was a good one. Movie night on Friday and then we just went out on Saturday as girls and had a buuuunch of fun.
One of these days of this weekend, I can't really remember which day all of the days become a blur after awhile, but we went to the mall and my friends wanted to look at Halloween costumes, so I was all for going with them (plus I got some Chik-fil-A out of the deal). So we walked into the store and on one side there were scary mannequins and on the other side there were costumes. We made our way to the side for the "adult costumes". Okay, when was anyone going to tell me that adult costumes meant, dress with as much clothes as possible. These outfits are fiiiiilled with low cut shirts and short skirts, high heels, and fish nets. All I could do while walking through the isles was have my mouth WIDE open and just be amazing at how little fabric was being called a baseball player. I'm pretty sure baseball players were loooong pants and a button up to the neck short sleeve jersey, no heels included.
So why is it that we feel that it is needed to dress like a slut one day out of the year? I asked the girls I was with this question, and the answer was because we have permission. Which my response was from God, but apparently not, we have permission for "culture" or so I was told.
So let me explain why these outfits are inappropriate:

  1. It's October, it is FREEZING outside and you should probably wear more clothes than the ones provided
  2. Some of the outfits you can't even tell who you are trying to be because you need MORE CLOTHES to express it
  3. Why spend 50 dollars on an outfit with less fabric used to make it
  4. 1 Corinthians 6:19 "your body is a temple"

The most important reason is the last, your body is a temple. Use it, and who it, the way that God has made for it to be used and shown.

Just a thing to ponder.

One love.

a.

0 comments: