CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Donald Miller!

So basically I LOVE OBAMA and DONALD MILLER! I think it was an amazing thing to have a man that all of us on campus know and have read his book. Donald Miller brought up the idea and stated a lot of things that Democrats believe and the idea of being Democrat and a Christian. I believe that too many times we are prone to believe that if we are Christian there is no possible way that you can be Democrat as well. I think that Donald put it well. The Republicans were putting a lot of things out there to be against as Christians and it's time that we as Christians are able to for something in our generation. I took a lot of notes and I agreed with a lot of things that were said. At the end of the talk, which I'm sad I didn't get recorded, there was a time for open questions and answers and I'll tell you, it got a little heated. I loved that! I love that we live in a country where we can come together as different people, with different ideas and just talk. talk about agreeing, talk about not agreeing, and just listen to one another. Although I did agree with a lot of the things that were said, it was good to hear things on the other side.
I'm going to try and upload my recording that I did of the question and answer session, although you can't really understand what the questions are, but you can hear the answers. So I encourage ya'll to listen once I get it up. Someone from the McCain campaign is coming as well, and I can't wait to see who it is, and what they have to say

One love,
a.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

'ello, lovely. I am now following your blog! =]

I'm glad you and I have pretty much the same views on this whole election thing. I LOVED seeing Donald Miller today and having him talk about his faith and Obama.. amazing!

See you bright and early tomorrow morning!

Deidra said...

I knew it! I knew you would love him! I would have loved him, too. But no...I'm here in Nebraska and he's in Pennsylvania. See...you're where you need to be!
Did you tell him I said hello?

Bronte said...

It was sooo wonderful! I want your notes haha. LOVED IT! :D

P.S. also very sad I didn't record the whole thing, but what I did get was good!