CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

youth ministry

So today was the first day in awhile that I loved doing youth ministry. Tonight was the first night that I have actually have begun to have a yearning to do ministry and just hang out and be in the lives of young adults. Today I did the welcome at youth group and it was the funniest things I have ever seen in my entire life. We did a dance off to the berries and cream commercial for starburts and just had a grand ol' time. After the end of both services we just HUNG OUT WITH THE KIDS. Some of the girls realized that the mics were left on from service and there was music playing in the background and we just all gave a little concert to all the people who wanted to listen. It was a great time!! The jam session went on for about 20 minutes, no joke and we just sand praise songs, and had a grand time. After that the Cha Cha slide came on and it drew a whole bunch of people back into the auditorium and we just danced for another 15 minutes, with a new rendition of the CottenEye Joe.
Just being with those kids and being a part of their life's and dancing & singing with them, with no other motive then just to be in their presence is what being in ministry is all about. Afterwards a bunch of the leaders & students went out to Applebees, and if you know CCV you know that's tradition. We just sat and talked about issues & our lives and played hot seat and just were happy to be in the presence of each other. It made me realize that tonight is why I want to go into ministry. For times like this that help me be in the lives of those who need me, that is what ministry is all about.

One love,
a.

0 comments: