CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 14, 2008

Wholly YOURS!

But the harder I try the more clearly can I feel
The depth of our fall and the weight of it all
And so this might could be the most impossible thing
Your grandness in me making me clean
-David Crowder Band

So the title of this post comes from my all time favorite Christian Praise Band, David Crowder Band. David Crowder knows how to place words into a song and just string things together in order to explain the way I feel in my Christian walk of faith. I recently haven't been listening to him as much, and actually I haven't listened to him in awhile. I just randomly started listening to his album Collsion (which this song is on) and it got me thinking about a lot of things. The songs talk about how we worship God in the greatest of time, and the reality of Jesus' love for us, and the reality of how unstable our love for him is as well. To just read the lyrics above, over and over again you can realize that our fall, whether it be into Jesus or away from Jesus it seems IMPOSSIBLE that God's greatness could make us clean, the most dirty thing in the world.
In class we are learning a lot about the Old Testament and the Promised Land as well as the people of Israel. And the thing that you notice, if you study the scripture, is that so many times the people fall away from God and don't do the things He asks of them, but yet cry out for help, and for a king here on earth. So God gives them that but the king (Saul) does not follow what God is asking him to do, therefore God takes him off the throne. It gets you wondering how many times God would have taken us off the throne in order for us to get the picture that our picture needs to be God's picture.
READ JUDGES!

: )

one love,
a.

0 comments: