CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

well...

We did it i suppose. This is the first time in a long time that i can honestly say that I am happy to call myself an American. Barack Obama is the 44th president of the United States. This is a time in history where I am so happy to say I am alive. This is something that no one would have guessed to happen, and to be honest I'm not too sure that I would even say that I was going to be alive to see the day. I saw the votes when California came in and Obama's votes went up to 284, and it then clicked that number was higher than the needed 270, and he won. I jumped up ran around just screaming WE DID IT! I know I know, I can't vote, but this is the first election that I have actually educated myself in the issues and the outcome that i wanted perserved and life as an American is about to change. I want to say to all the McCain supporters that God has a plan for all of this and even though the outcome has not turned out the way you would have liked, we must realize that God has a plan for all of this. Pray for the safety of the Obama family. That God's arms of protection will be wrapped around them during this time and that they would be out of harms way. I also ask that we continue to pray for our government, because in the end the person that they are answering to is the Lord Jesus Christ, and we can't mess with what he wants to accomplish in our country.

i'm proud to be an american.

one love,
a.

1 comments:

Tina said...

Alex,
I am so sorry that this is the first time in a long time that you are happy to be an American.
I agree tha Obabma's victory is historical and I'm sure he will do a lot of good. And I know that not every president before him has made mistakes. But, I have never not been proud to be an American.
We live in the greatest country in the world. It may not be perfect but I can't think of another country I'd rather be a citizen of. Can you?
I hope that all Americans can come together in support of President elect Obama.