CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

honor God...through everything.

Hello Everyone!

I'm so excited that I'm starting this. I must be honest, in Nebraska people don't blog but I'm back on the east coast and apparently it's the thing to do. Also, my mother is doing it and I can't have my mother doing things with technology that I'm not doing. : )
So basically a lot of new things have been happening in my life lately. I've moved back to Pennsylvania and going to Eastern University to study youth ministries. And I must say, I might have only been in school for three weeks so far but this is hard. Trying to maintain your social life but living for God at the same time, you have to be careful who you hang out with. I've made some amazing friends though, and I'm so happy that I'm here, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'll post some pictures eventually. : )

So in this blog I would like to talk about the teaching style they have here at Eastern, it's honestly like something I've never experienced before. I come out of my classes, every single one of them just loving God and feeling closer and closer to Him. Going into my history class and learning about how certain history affected the church is something that pushes me in my faith. This school is more about expanding your mind, it's about expanding your faith. As I was doing some homework tonight I came acorss a reading that really drew my attention and has got me thinking hard about the concept of honoring God in my studies. The bible says that the greatest commandment is to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. I never really thought of th concept of honoring God through my mind as honoring him through the things I learned. I mean it's like looking at his earth and the things in it and the concepts and laws and everything He has created and saying you are worthy to research because you are made by God. So that is my goal for this semester, to dig deep into the world and everything that God has placed on it and the knowledge he has given people to give me and honor him through my studies.

I'm doing well here. For the first time I walked into my dorm after classes today and felt like I was coming "home"
Nebraskans...I'll see you in thirteen weeks.

Look out, much more to come.


One love.
alleigh <3

2 comments:

Deidra said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! It's amazing that I beat you here, huh? I think this blog is a great idea. I look forward to checking in from time to time!
Much love and proudness!

Evan Flora said...

ONE LOVE!
where did you get that from? LOL