CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 5, 2008

dedicated to...EVAN FLORA

So to give ya'll some background as to why I dedicated an entire post a a kid named Evan, who most of you don't even know. Well Evan Flora, one: is one of the strongest Christian males in my life, after my father and my brother. Everything he does is for the Lord and you can just tell that he has a passion for our Father and that just brings a smile to my face. He and I were in the same youth group when I was in middle school, and that was before he became a Christian and just to watch him grow spritual has been a pleasure for me. I moved away to Lincoln Nebraska and honestly it was probably the worst time that I could have ever moved for Evan. All of his friends seemed to be leaving around the same time as I moved; including his girlfriend at the time, my best friend. But that's another story of itself. But anyway, so whenever I need someone to talk to about my spirtual life or someone who will listen to me cry over the phone, THIS IS WHO I CALL. He's like my other brother. So recently this thought has been put into Evan's head that he wants to go into the army. Now I'm all for serving your country and doing what the Lord calls you to do. But the ARMY is a kinda scary word. I mean we are in war and the reality of him going over seas is very likely.

So basically Evan:
I want to say that we have been through so much, you've watched me fall in my faith and you been an aid in getting me back up. I enjoy our conversations and I really appreciate that you are my friend. Although your decision is one that scares me, like always, and you know this, I support you in every decision you make. I will pray that you are able to decern God's voice and what he wants you to do with you life. I love you kiddo : )!!

One love,
a.

0 comments: