CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 9, 2009

continued.

So classes are over and I sit in my room listening to Nichole Nordeman's Healed and I'm just just loving being in the presence of my God.
So this past week me and three friends went to Ocala Florida for the week of Spring break. When you think spring break for college students I know what you are thinking, wet t-shirts, body shots and crazy MTV activities with Carson Daley : ). But in reality our spring break was a little different. We stayed with one of the girls grandparents and we just hung out by the pool & on the beach for about 4 days in a row, it was one of the best weeks I've had in awhile. The week began in Richmond Virginia with my family. We went to the church that my aunt and her family attend. It is one of the most intersting churches that I've been to in awhile; very contemporary yet very good. The Lord was moving in that place and my friend and I were moved to tears. The speaker was talking about what it means to be involved in a Christian community and that is something that I have been praying for God to show me, more Christian friends and surround me in a better Christian community.

By the end of the week (yesterday)we were back in Virigina but this time at another girls house. We got up and went to church, we were all very exhausted and tired for the drive the day before but we felt like something was calling up to go to this church. This church was a little baptist church that probably could hold 50-100 people (i'm not really good a judging that kind of thing) but it was a very cute church, with stain glass window and a baptism pool. We sat down together and as soon as the pastor started talking I knew that something exciting was getting ready to happen. By the end of the service the song "I Can Only Imagine" was being played by a single guitar player who had given his testamony earlier in the service. I sang along as everyone was greeting one another at the end of the service. I sat there with tears in my eyes realizing how great my God really is. I look to the left of me and see one of the friends crying as well. Slowly but surely the sanctuary emptied out and it was just me her and God sitting in that little santuary in Manassas Virginia. She was praying about her struggles and I was praying about mine and when we got up to talk about them they were almost identical. The difference she was not yet saved, and I am. We sat and talked and Pastor Brian came out to talk with us. He got to talking to my friend and asking if she had been saved before in her life, which she responded no. From there he asked her if she would like to be, and she answered YES! It was at the moment that I felt God stronger than I have ever felt him before. Not only was he in the room with us but he was about to enter into the heart of my friend. This girl, this beautiful daughter of Christ was saved over spring break and I could not say that there was a better moment on that trip.

Thank you Jesus! This amazing thing has opened so many opprotunties and answered so many prayers. YOU ARE AMAZING!

In Him,
a.

1 comments:

Deidra said...

Oh my! That is the best spring break story ever!