CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Community

Recently I have really been trying to figure out what the heck is missing in my life. Why do I feel so empty inside when all I am living to do in this moment is live for God everyday. Is it so hard to think that maybe I'm actually doing something right? A few of my friends and I have really been searching for a church home. We had been attending the church right down the street from our school but to be honest it just was not filling the need, the emptiness that I am/was feeling before. I suggested that we should try going to what I've always called my church home, CCV (Christ Church of the Valley). Before we moved to Lincoln, Nebraska this is the church that my family and I attended and we all fell in love with. I was saved at this church as well as baptized by an amazing youth pastor who is partially the reason why I'm studying what I am today.
Christ Church of the Valley is filled with people who love you. You can walk into the building and not know a single person and you will walk out with at least one friend if you try. I've always felt this way about the community at this church. Yes, CCV is huge and there are three services, each packed to the brim of the building we are currently in, but if and when you find "your people": the one who will be there for you when you are crying or make fun of you just to make you laugh, they stick around for a lifetime. Every time I walk through the doors of that church I feel as though I've never left. The same people are there (not all of them, but a lot of them) the same jokes are being laughed at and it's like nothing has even changed.
This community is one that I never have to worry about. I don't have to question if they are going to be there for me when I need a shoulder to cry on, and I hope they feel the same way about me. This community is an unchanging one, that loves me unconditionally no matter what the circumstance and for that I thank you! To all the members of my CCV community I would like to thank you for the 8 years that we have grown together & for the many things that you've seen in me that you've liked and disliked but still stuck by my side. I thank you for letting nothing change and accepting me for who God has made me to be. When I am with you all I get excited and I feel overjoyed to know that I have people who care about me as much as you all do, so don't stop! Push me to my limit, keep asking me those tough questions and make sure I tell you the tough answers because you are the ones I trust. You are MY people, and I thank you tremendous amounts for that!

One love,
a.

0 comments: