CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

almost summertime.



So this weekend my best friend from Nebraska came to visit me here in Pennsylvania, I'm not too sure if that was a good idea or not because now I am just really wanting to go home : ). I've been spending a lot of time lately in the Word and God is really teaching me how much I truely invest in earthly relationships, and not spiritual ones. I'm not talking about spiritual as in just God relationship but even relationships with other Christians especially when it comes to romantic relationships. My good friends here at school are beginning to get in relationships and that's what I've been seeing around me. I'm not saying that these relationships are the strongest that I've ever seen, but we've been praying about them and they seem to be getting stronger in Christ which in the end are going t make the relationships stronger as a whole. I've been really trying to not care about those relationships and have the one relationship I'm worried about be the one that I am in with Jesus Christ (trust me it's harder than it looks). So the result of this is what I like to call lonely and sad. Now for those of you who know me, you know that when I'm sad I don't really like to let myself feel that so sadness either turns into anger, or annoyance, or if I try hard enough happiness. Yesterday I found myself in conversation, pouring out my little heart, with one of the most interesting people on my campus who really helped me see how beautiful the feeling of sadness can be. He explained it as a feeling that is seen as weak but it is only because of the low points that we get the motion to propel into our high points. We wouldn't be able to get high without our lows.
I'm also beginning to worry about Summertime and what exactly that is going to look like. As Mallory was here this weekend I began to think about how she is not going to be here this summer and then I'm going to be alone, but in Nebraska. By alone I dont mean not friends; I mean alone in the physical sense, not having my soul fed by other Christians searching and seeking God together. I've come to the conclusion that God is trying to show me how much I do invest in other people to find Him instead of investing in Him to find God! Again, hardly than it looks, but this is what I'm working on.

In Him (the ONE love),
a.

1 comments:

Stacey said...

Aw, I can totally relate to how you're feeling right now! Loneliness is the worst feeling in the world. But as much and you and I might think it.. we're not alone and we never will be. I've been struggling with friendships and all these relationships popping up. It's really hard not to get frustrated! I have quite solved this feeling yet. Just pray for me.. and you know I'm always praying for you!

Love yoooou! & I'm sad I didn't get to chat with you at all today. :(