CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Holidays!

If asked what my favorite time of year is, the answer would probably be 'sometime in the middle of November and January'...basically I love the Holiday season. (Good thing my roommate feels the same way, we have a decorated tree in our room right now and I'm sure when we return to school we'll be listening to some traditional Christmas music!) I just love how everyone acts around the holiday season. We are extremely happy for no reason and not only that, but we LOVE to share. Never once have I seen people in more of a giving spirit than I do around the Holiday seasons. You have the traditional Angel Tree presents that you can buy or you have people willingly taking requests on what to buy for each other for that one special day! (Please sensor if you still believe in Santa!) The Holiday Season is the best time of year. I know what some people are thinking, "But you haven't mentioned that 'Jesus is the reason for the season'". I know I know, but isn't that just something that is given? Isn't Jesus the reason for the day?!
So I challenge you, make this your New Years Resolution...don't leave Jesus on Christmas; and don't leave the joy there either! Carry it with you throughout the entire year; there's no reason that cold weather, and presents should make us more happy than any other day of the year!


What is your favorite Holiday memory?

Happy Holidays!
a.

2 comments:

Nadelhoffer said...

Great thoughts! My favorite Christmas memory was when I wanted Hungry Hungry Hippos more than anything in the world. I opened up all of my presents and I didn't get it. I was just about to get upset when they went into another room and very dramatically pulled out one last present for me. I opened up the present - it was HHH! I was so excited that I jumped up in the air and landed on my knees. We still talk about the Hungry Hungry Hippos present to this day.

Bronte said...

You make a wonderful point that Jesus is ALWAYS the most important! My favourite holiday memory is when my Dad surprised us..he had already moved to the US in August before we did, but one day near Christmas he just showed up on the front door, making my mother cry tears of surprise and shock and joy!! It was absolutely adorable! :D and my whole family got to be together for Christmas one last time.

P.S..I've got QUITE a large Christmas playlist...it WILL be blasted this week!